10/15/2006

Mama's Still Got It!!

So...wanna know how the date went? Okay, I'll tell ya...

IT WAS FABULOUS!!!

As I posted before, he's very shy. We went to a local restaurant/bar for dinner and drinks. He drives this huge Dodge Ram diesel pick-up truck and I'm a sucker for a man with a big truck :) The ride there wasn't too bad, I was able to keep him talking about his brother and sisters. We got to the restaurant and it wasn't too crowded, so we were able to sit down right away. We ordered drinks, perused the menu and whatdaya know...he starts talking! We talked about his dairy farm and more about his family. He asked questions about my job and Super O. He thinks she's just the "cutest little thing". He ventured into the "how could her dad leave her" arena, so I gave him the quick version of that. There was no awkwardness or forced conversation. I think the alcohol helped a bit though...

After dinner, we went down the road to another bar/banquet hall for a few more drinks and to just talk more. Turns out he hasn't been out in about a year, so I think we were just enjoying being in the company of a member of the opposite sex. How pitiful are we :) One of his good friends was at a wedding in the banquet hall and came out to the bar, so we sat and talked with him for a while. It was nice seeing him interact with other people. He's not as quiet as I originally thought. I think he's just shy around girls. Anyway, we ended up leaving at about 12:30 because he had to get up at 6:00 to milk.

I had driven to the farm and left my car there, so we went back to his house. On the way, he was telling me about an addition he just added to the barn for the calves, so we went in so he could show me. Now, I don't know about you, but I've never ended a date by tromping through a barn full of dairy cows. We stayed in the barn for about a half hour just talking and petting the cows (I know, heavy petting on the first date). When it was time to go, he noticed I had stepped in a little somethin', so he sprayed my shoes off with the hose. I know, it doesn't sound very romantic, but for some reason it was very cool. He is very dedicated to his farm and I'm very interested in the whole dairy industry (I have to be, I live in Wisconsin). There were a few times I got the feeling he wanted to kiss me, but he never did and I didn't push the issue.

That's the skinny. I really like this guy and get the feeling he feels the same way. The good thing about it being October is that he'll be done with all of the "farm" work soon and will only have to take care of the cows for the winter, so he'll have more time for a personal life. He's very into snowmobling and I've never been on a snowmobile. He's gonna take me this winter!! I guess that's a good thing, right? He's already making plans for us a few months down the road...

He has the most amazing eyes. They're very piercing, but sparkle when he smiles. I think I'm off the deep end...

I'll keep everyone posted on how things go. I have a fund-raising function at Super O's daycare on Friday night. It doesn't start until 9:00 so I'm gonna ask him if he wants to go with me. Maybe I'll get that first kiss...

4 comments:

  1. Wow -- I am soooooo glad the date was great! And I DO know how you could find him hosing off your boots endearing. Glad you saw him interacting with someone else and felt he was easy with that person, and easier with you... though I am with a man who is mostly quiet and very shy who opens up more with a few drinks and/or a story to tell friends, then goes back to being quite. But he's a solid guy and thems is few and far between...

    And I think it's cool that he waited for the kiss -- he may make you wait for the first few, which has it's own excruciating niceness about it. Will be thinking of you, and check back in to see. Yes I think it's a very good sign he mentioned taking you snowmobiling. He does not know of your blog right? If he's shy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a VERY solid guy. Which is why I think I like him so much. He's the polar opposite from every other guy I've ever dated.

    He doesn't know about my blog. As a matter of fact, he's never even touched a computer and has no desire to either. He's happy being a farmer and leaving technology to those of us who enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something really hot about a guy who knows how to work the land and/or raise animals. My sister always said that and I agree!!!!!

    Where are you in Wisc? I grew up in Illinois, and used to drive up to at least Kenosha (to go to the Brat Stop, as in bratwurst), but my dad also had a farmhouse later in life further into the state. Can't remember where at the moment... Also had friends in Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sydney -- I sent you an email!

    I think the fact he's a farmer is kinda sexy :) He's very gentle with his cows. He also told me that they're kinda like huge pets to him. When he looses one, it hurts. Isn't that the sweetest thing :)

    ReplyDelete