10/09/2006

Pumpkins, Puppies and Pot Belly Pigs

Wow, what a day!! Super O's cousin Joe spent the night so he could help me take care of the leaves in the yard. We have 3 big trees in our yard (2 in front, 1 in back) so you can imagine the leaf problem I'm having!! We got up around 8:00 and I cooked breakfast for me, Super O, Joe, Jessica (my niece spent the night at grandma's house), and Grandma Nini. By 10:00 Joe and I were in the front yard tackling the leaves. I forgot how hard it was to rake leaves!

Grandma Nini found a pumpkin patch that has hay rides, a corn maze and a petting zoo. She decided we should take the kids around noon. Well, I was ready to forget the leaves by this point, so we loaded up and went. Super O loved the corn maze so much we went through 2 times. I bet it took us at least 20 minutes to walk through it! She kept tripping over the stalk trunks sticking out of the ground, but she kept on going.

Here's the best part! I've been trying to find the perfect dog for us for about 2 months. I think I may have found it today! The farm has two 6 month old female Chihuahua/Bichon Frise mix puppies. I know it sounds funny, but the pups are adorable. One has longer curly hair like the Bichon and the other has short hair like the Chihuahua, both are white. They're $200 a piece which is not a bad price for pups in this area. Since I don't have the money right now, I gave the lady my name and number and told her to call me if she still has them in 3 weeks. I'll have the money then and I figure if she still has one or both of the pups, then it was meant to be!! Super O liked the pups, but she was more interested in the pot bellied pig and the bunnies. If the pups are still available, I'll go back and see how she is with them before I bring one home. Keep your fingers crossed that we'll be able to get one!!

We stopped at another place that has the wierdest pumpkins and gords I've ever seen. We found a perfect carving pumpkin and a smaller pumpkin with an acne problem. Our day wasn't over at this point. When we got home, we made a scarecrow with one of the leaf piles. I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them so you can see our cool fall decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment