8/01/2008

Field Trip to Green Bay

Before I get into the field trip, I'd just like to say that as much as I loved my old blog wrapper, it sucked! I couldn't get it to display correctly in IE and I couldn't get any answers from the site that created it. So, it's back to the boring old Blogger templates until I can find something better.

Yesterday was a wonderful day packed with new adventures and boy were we tired when we got home! We started at 9am with a 1hr 45min bus ride to Green Bay. It's been 22 years since I've been on a school bus so I was pretty excited. As a matter of fact, I think I was more excited about the whole day than Super O! was to begin with. We started our day with a tour of Lambeau Field, the home of the Green Bay Packers. Did you know that Lambeau Field is the "Crown Jewel of the NFL"? Yea, me either!

We got to experience a sky box that costs approximately $80,000 a year to lease and that's with a minimum of 4 years on the lease. That costs more than our whole house and believe me, it was a lot nicer. Here's a view from the box...



After the sky box we got to go into the bowels of the stadium where we entered the field through the players tunnel. Now that was incredible. The whole tunnel is lined with speakers and we could hear the "roar of the crowd". They even played the same music they play for the Pack on game day. We came out of the tunnel and there it was...in all it's glory...the field! Now, I'm not a football fan & I'm definitely not a Packer fan, but I have to admit that it was pretty darn awesome! We weren't allowed to go onto the grass, but we did get to go into the stands and take a bunch of pictures. Here's one from the end zone...



Super O! doesn't understand the history behind Lambeau Field, nor is she a sports fan yet but she was appropriately impressed. The best part of the tour for her was when we were in the stands (where I took the above picture) and the tour guide had us all yell "GO PACK GO" together. The echo came back to us and we could all imagine how it would sound on game day with 70,000 screaming fans in attendance.

After the stadium, we went to The New Zoo in Green Bay. I knew Super O! would enjoy this part of the day because she LOVES animals. We saw the giraffes...



And prairie dogs...



A huge tortoise...



A sleeping raccoon in a log...



Two penguins...



And a very gentle lion that the kids climbed on...



But the coolest thing we saw was a white alligator!



All in all it was a great day. When we got home we were both hot, sticky and exhausted. Super O! went to bed at 8:30 and as I was tucking her in I asked her what the best part of her day was. She said "The zoo" and asked what my best part was. I told her "The best part of my day was spending it with you!". She smiled all goofy and said "My best part was your shoe!". I said "My shoe?" and she replied "No...with you!" Then she gave me this look...



Which is very common!

1 comment: