11/19/2008

High School Football!

Super O! has two male cousins, Josh & Joe, who are huge sports buffs. They play sports, they watch sports, they play sports on their Playstations and XBoxes, they talk about sports...well, you get the drift.

Josh is a junior in high school and has been on both the varsity football & basketball teams since he was a freshman. His high school has won the WI State Championship for their division for the last 5 years in a row and they're going back for #6 tomorrow. Their opponent? A school from a neighboring town that they've had a very long rivalry with. As a matter of fact, it's the school that Super O! is attending. It's also the school that beat them in regular season play and took the Conference Title away from them.


This is a huge deal for our family because one of our own is a star on the team. In their semi-final game last Saturday, Josh kicked the winning field goal and cemented their place in the championship game! After the winning field goal, he was interviewed for the local news and there are tons of write-ups and pictures in the local papers. Our little boy is a star!


Now, I'm not a sports fanatic and I don't really get into football at all but I am totally pumped for the game tomorrow. I arranged to work on Saturday so I could get tomorrow off and we're driving to Madison to watch the big game. So, please keep our Stratford Tigers in your thoughts tomorrow and maybe say a little prayer for them. After the legacy left to them by their upper classmen, they have a lot of pressure to keep the winning streak alive. And the team they're playing beat them in the regular season.



Edit: I forgot to mention that my wonderful friend is babysitting Super O! on Saturday so that I can make up the hours I'll be missing tomorrow. She's the bestest friend ever!!!

5 comments:

  1. Pfft, you totally didn't mention the babysitter that's helping you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it goes well and you'll write about what happened. BTW, I LOVE the look of the new blog -- the orange daisy at the top is sunny and SuperO-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nana in the NW11/19/08, 7:13 PM

    I'm so jealous! I LOVE high school football. We followed our local HS while my girls attended and then had friends with kids playing. We also had a very good friend who coached for several years(he won the state title 3 times!). For the last few years we have attended....everyone we know is grown and done with it... :(

    Best of luck coming your family's way.....GO TIGERS!! He will be making memories that will last a lifetime.

    Don't bleep, before you know it Super O will be out there(maybe kicking the soccer ball or swinging a bat). Time goes so quickly...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. OKY, I wasn't sure if you all we're over at Standford?? Is that California?

    ReplyDelete