3/27/2009

You guys rock!

A few months ago I added a link in my right side bar for the Amazon Associates Program. I just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate your using it. I received a gift card from Amazon this morning which has allowed me to purchase a few couple of computer games for Super O!.

She's getting ITZABITZA


And Jump Start Kindergarten


You guys are the bestest eFriends anyone could ask for and this is why...

A few months ago her teachers and I realized that Super O! can recognize letters, numbers and read words that she sees on TV or when playing computer games but when asked to do the same things by me or a teacher she shuts down. We believe that she's afraid of being wrong and looking "dumb". When she's interacting with a non-person there's no pressure. The TV or computer can't think she's "dumb". They've been trying to include more educational videos and computer games in her one-on-one classes like speech and math and she seems to be responding well.

Because of your generosity I was able to order these games that can help her at home. Not that I couldn't afford to buy them myself, but having the gift cards allows me to spend my money on other things she needs like clothes (that kid is growing like a weed lately!!), books and educational videos.

Thank you so much from the very bottom of my heart! Please give yourselves a big bear hug from me & Super O!

I'll keep you posted on how she does with the games once we get them.

1 comment:

  1. Yaaay! This is great news. By the way, you are a Super Mom, too.

    ReplyDelete